- The meeting of the IRB shall be held four times a year and any additional meetings may be held if and when required. Such additional meetings will be convened by the chairperson of Sangath in consultation with the chair of the IRB.
- The proposals shall be sent to members at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled IRB meeting.
- The secretariat of the IRB can allocate proposals to 1-2 primary reviewers to prepare a detailed evaluation which can then be discussed by all members at the meeting if necessary.
- The researcher/ principal investigator should make an oral presentation to the IRB and take questions for clarifications.
- Researchers shall be invited to offer clarifications if need be.
- Independent consultants/ experts shall be invited to offer their opinions on specific research proposals if and when needed.
- Decisions shall be taken by consensus after discussions.
- The decisions shall be recorded and signed by members present at the meeting and the chairperson will provide an approval in writing.
- All members, including those not present at the meeting, will be informed of the decision via email.