All proposals should be submitted in the prescribed application form. Click here for details.
• All relevant documents should be enclosed with the application form.
• The application form in the prescribed format and duly signed by the principal investigator (PI) (and co-investigators/ collaborators, where appropriate) along with all relevant documents should be electronically submitted to the IRB secretary at least two weeks before the date of the IRB meeting. The application should include dates and records of all relevant permissions, including that of the Sangath managing committee (MC). All meeting dates will be announced to Sangath investigators at least three months in advance.
• The date of the meeting shall be intimated to the researcher/PI. On that day, the PI or person designated by PI will have to make an oral presentation to the IRB and take questions for clarifications. Presentations over Skype or oral presentations through conference mode are also acceptable. He/she will then leave the room while the proposal is being discussed by the IRB.
• A prescribed fee of Rs 15,000 shall be remitted along with the application. (First time fee for approval of a new project proposal will be Rs 15,000 and annual review charges will be Rs 2,500). It will be the prerogative of the IRB to revise these figures as deemed fit which would then have to be approved by the Sangath MC.
• The decision of the IRB shall be communicated in writing to the PI/researcher. If any revision is to be made in the proposal, the revised document should be submitted electronically within a stipulated period of time as specified in the communication or before the next meeting.